Over at the British Geological Survey website I have discovered they have been very busy putting a wealth of information online for the likes of you and me to dig into. Of course, here at Waterseekers Water Well Drilling Company, we’re very interested in Water Boreholes; in fact we’re interested in any type of borehole drilled here in the UK. Currently, we’re doing a few projects in Birmingham and Northampton and there was a need to get more information for the clients, and this is how we came across the aforementioned public service.
So, to view a map of all installed water wells (I say all, but I don’t know for sure how accurate it is. Certainly, there are over 100,000 wells registered.), do as follows:
- Go to the Geoindex page. http://www.bgs.ac.uk/geoindex/
- Click on the link that says Open the onshore Geoindex
- This should take you to http://mapapps2.bgs.ac.uk/geoindex/home.html
- In this new window, Click “Add Data”.
- This should display a list of Categories in a small window to display on the map.
- Under Boreholes, click the ‘+’ sign by Waterwells.
- Bob is Your Uncle! See below for sample map of waterwells (water boreholes) in Berkshire, but it could just as easily be water wells in your area, be it Yorkshire, Hampshire or Essex.
And of course you can choose to display other info too, like Borehole Scans or Waterwell Levels.
Waterseekers Well Drilling Services Ltd.
Post on 04 Oct 2017 by Jenny Hormell